IT organizations like yours continue to tackle large projects such as the move to Windows 7 and virtualization. Operating system migrations and routine software deployments are among the riskiest functions of IT. Deploying a poorly prepared or tested package can crash mission-critical applications, slow productivity and send help desk costs soaring.
AdminStudio automates application preparation so that packagers can prepare reliable MSI packages that deploy successfully with today's most popular software deployment tools. The AdminStudio application packaging tools include a catalog that forms a central repository for storing applications, enabling testing to eliminate application conflicts. A management reporting dashboard provides a continuous view of readiness to streamline migration planning.
Accelerate Application Migration Projects
- Test, fix and package MSI and virtual packages with integrated software packaging tools for error-free deployments
- Cut MSI packaging time by up to 70%
- Deploy applications to desktops with 99% success or better
- Quickly prepare for Windows 7 and 8 application deployment
Centrally Manage and Report on Virtual and Traditional Application Portfolio
- Application centric management enables side-by-side MSI and virtual package management
- Access all software binary files and metadata for virtual and MSI packages from a single database
- Always know exactly what is in the environment
- Customizable reports and dashboards include high-level statistics, a list of modified packages and recent catalog management activity
Unified Application Compatibility Reporting and Issue Management
- Test Center simplifies and streamlines all phases of application compatibility testing. Test Center allows you to execute a broad range of compatibility, validation and conflict tests, manage and remediate issues, and monitor overall status in a single location. By standardizing the management of issues, it increases productivity and ensures fast, reliable delivery of applications to users.
- From Test Center, you can analyze and manage:
- Operating system application compatibility tests
- Web application/browser compatibility tests
- Desktop and server application virtualization compatibility tests
- Remote Desktop Services deployment compatibility tests
- Package level validation and conflict analysis
Increased Automation through Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- A robust set of APIs expose the core tasks involved in the application readiness process lifecycle, enabling you to automate these tasks with PowerShell scripts or .NET applications for higher throughput during the application readiness process.
- APIs automate such core tasks as: import, application management, operating system compatibility testing, application virtualization compatibility, application virtualization, conflict testing and publishing.
Tight Integration with Leading Software Deployment Tools
- Supports the leading software deployment tools – including Microsoft® System Center Configuration Manager, Novell® ZENworks, LANDesk® Management Suite, BMC® Configuration Management (Marimba), Citrix XenApp, and IBM® Tivoli®
- Integrated with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager for direct importing and exporting of packages — leverages your current investment and further streamlines Application Readiness processes
- The Application Manager can connect to multiple System Center Configuration Manager environments to support separate environments for test and production or to run both System Center Configuration Manager 2007 and 2012
Advanced Package Editing and Authoring Capabilities
- Powered by the latest version of the world's leading MSI authoring and editing tool, InstallShield 2013, for advanced MSI package customization and authoring
- Create and edit MSI installations, virtual profiles, patches and transforms
End-to-end Application Usage Management
On its own, AdminStudio delivers significant value to your enterprise. You can derive additional value by using AdminStudio in conjunction with Flexera Software’s enterprise app store and software license optimization solutions.
AdminStudio integrates seamlessly with App Portal, our industry-leading enterprise app store solution, and FlexNet Manager Platform (the foundation of FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises), our next-generation software asset management and license optimization solution. With this integration, you can create highly automated, end-to-end processes that help you to keep applications in a state of readiness for deployment into a variety of environments; make applications easily and immediately available to employees; and effectively manage software licenses to ensure continuous license compliance while optimizing software usage and minimizing spend.
You can leverage AdminStudio integration with App Portal and FlexNet Manager to:
- Give employees fast, convenient, self-service access to business applications
- Unify application packaging and deployment processes with your app store processes, enabling AdminStudio to automatically trigger the addition of newly published applications to the App Portal catalog
- Check license availability in real time and reserve a license at the time of the user request to eliminate the risk of deploying unlicensed software
- Route software requests automatically for approval based on asset and user data, leveraging best-practice processes to minimize the risk of noncompliance with license contract terms
- Identify applications that are installed but not being used and reclaim and reallocate them to optimize usage and avoid costly overbuying