Nagios Core is the industry standard, Open Source IT monitoring system that enables organizations to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems before they affect critical business processes.
Nagios Core serves as one of the foundation blocks of Nagios XI - our commercial monitoring solution.
Nagios Core allows you to monitor your entire IT infrastructure to ensure systems, applications, services, and business processes are functioning properly. In the event of a failure, it can alert technical staff of the problem, allowing them to begin remediation processes before outages affect business processes, end-users, or customers.
Nagios Core Overview
Nagios Core provides organizations with many benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Monitoring: Provides monitoring of all mission-critical infrastructure components - including applications, services, operating systems, network protocols, system metrics, and network infrastructure.
- Visibility: Provides central view of your entire IT operations network and business processes.
- Awareness: Alerts are delivered to IT staff via email and SMS. Multi-user notification escalation capabilities ensure alerts reach the attention of the right people.
- Problem Remediation: Event handlers allow you to automatically restart failed applications, services, servers, and devices when problems are detected.
- Reports: Ensure SLAs are being met, provides historical records of outages, notifications, and alert response for later analysis.
- Extendable Architecture: Provides easy integration with in-house and third-party applications. Hundreds of community-developed addons extend core functionality.